Monday, May 30, 2011

My birthday highlights

I would say the highlight of my birthday was picnic with my choir kiddos...

This was not planned.. I brought cupcakes etc for choir... 
Then I forgot that it's 5th Sunday so they didn't have to be in the class with me :-)...

But they wanted to have a picnic... so we went to the lawn

We started with popcorn prayer.... You know when everyone can pop a prayer like popcorn..
Then I closed after no more prayer popped.. 

I was SOOOO BLESSED to hear their heartfelt prayers!!
They were blessing ME! 
How awesome is that to have such opportunities to serve these kiddos every week!




The night before my birthday we took the kids to Piada... 
They LOVE the chips and bread sticks...








Of course you couldn't start a birthday without good breakfast :-) ... 
from where else :-)  See the "M" wrappers :-)


My dedicated choir kiddos wanted to sing after they finished their "sugar loaded breakfast"  
Sorry parents!

I think I might do some more of this outdoor singing.
It was good!  They projected their voices more than inside.
The boys also made background rhythm with rocks!




All those time little brother participated by sitting quietly playing angry birds!
Didn't I say he is addicted to that game and wants it for his birthday theme!





Then we ate dinner at our favorite restaurant with my buddy Ginger and her family...
Dinner was delicious!




    I made a cake for my birthday... I know I know... I was asking the same question too :-) Even G's husband said he never see a birthday person bringing their own cake...

Well for several reason... This blackforest cake is my dear hubby's and Ginger's favorite cake of all the cake I have made... I wanted a chocolate cake as well... So I made one yesterday, originally to take it to small group Bible study... But then they cancelled small group :-( ... Those in my small group... see what you all missed yesterday...

So then we decided to call G and her family to go to dinner together!

Now this is what the cake supposed to look like!




This was how the cake looked like when we arrived at the restaurant!


   
It was super hot here yesterday!

I already put it in the car then my dear hubby could not find his wallet!

So it melted and slided all over the place :-)

I used whipped cream icing so it was soft anyway to begin with :-)

But it was still good!
A blessed day indeed! 

I posted some old pictures of my FIRST birthday yesterday. 
If you missed it... Here is the post:  MY FIRST BIRTHDAY pictures

THANK YOU!!! for all the birthday wishes....
I tried to count my blessings yesterday but I ran out of paper!

Have a blessed and joyous memorial day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Deluxe Designs © 2011 Flo… All rights reserved.