Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Home office inspirations

I love this workroom! Those are ikea cabinets I think the wall paint is similar to mine (mine is a little bit darker)....


from rambling renovators


Hmmm.... Having a daybed or comfy sofa will be great or perhaps a lounger? Remember my big square table will be OUT!  Do you know that is my dear hubby's college table?? He will not let me sell it :-(

 Problem with day bed:
               1.   I will have to make it everyday
               2.   The kids will mess it up
               3.   So I have to make it EVERY HOUR?
               4.   It will not look pretty unless I make it :-(

 So for practicality, I think sofa will work better for me :-).

Plus, my hubby is afraid if I make my office too comfy I will not be seen in any other room in the house :-)

Regardless, don't you LOVE the color and this pretty room?  Look at the whimsical chandelier/light!

Home Office Inspiration traditional home office
traditional home office design

Another shelves' inspiration. I can hide my clutter in pretty boxes and drawers! :-)

 
Image courtesy of space planner


I like the idea of the closed wall shelves here... I think I would do message board like below as well.  Still have not decide which materials though.. perhaps a combination of cork board, white board and peg board?


I LOVE the wall shelves...Particularly the combination of different length and height.


See the bench on the back there by the bay window?  I think it is a great idea... The wall color is somewhat close to my wall color.... I love the curtain... Though, I have to keep in mind that the office will be my practice/therapy place in about 2 years... So long curtain will NOT be a good idea for kiddos :-(

These 2 pictures were from HGTV  too



Problem with this bench, we have air return on the floor. So we can not cover it and build it like this.  The bench must have legs or open front. 


Which one is your favorite?

Thank you so much for your emails and comment!  I love it!!! Keep it coming :-)

1 comment:

  1. For the last picture you CAN cover the air return, just use a out door lattice for the exterior (facing front and paint it the same colour as the rest.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Deluxe Designs © 2011 Flo… All rights reserved.