Thursday, August 18, 2011

Joplin day 2! Wat a blessing today has been! Part 1

The church was destroyed but the cross is there!


Blocks after blocks... of destroyed houses...

My girlfriend Maya and I went to Walmart today and spend at least $650.... THANK you to your generousity!!! we bought 3 sets of clothes like this for age 3, 4 and 5... So total of 15 sets... 
Boys and girls....
Then socks, underwears for boys, girls, women, men...
Shower curtains, shower rings, bath rugs for after bath
laundry detergents
dish soaps
bugs repellents because apparently lots of bugs in the trailer
other household stuffs



I apologize that we did not get a chance to take pictures of all things we bought
When we arrived at the church people were waiting for us
As I unload, people were taking stuff and they were gone pretty fast!

I have the receipt for EACH of you that donated the money!
THANK YOU THANK YOU!  I am so blessed to have all of you generous people as friends!

This boy name is Daniel.
I got to talk to him when he came to the church with his family... I asked him how old is he and if he find everything he need.
He said, he was looking for a backpack because the backpack given by the public school was too small.

So PERFECT!
Right before we left, my son's bestfriend gave us a "special backpack filled with supplies" and a special encouragement friendship letter.
He hope the boy will write back and start a "pen pal!"
He doesn't want it to go randomly to people!

I have been saving it while dropping the rest of the stuff at the center...
So I gave it to Daniel!

He lost his house :-(
His dad is looking for a job.
They live in a FEMA trailer.
He has 2 twin brothers who are 5 years old
His mom is expecting the 4th child due early November and it would be a GIRL!

Daniel only have 1-2 shorts (I forgot what his mom told me) and 2 shirts!
He can not find his size in ANY of donation centers... They went to several  around Joplin
He needs shoes as well!

They do not have washer... In this heat! Imagine having to wear the same clothes several days!

So I told him, we will try to get him some clothes and I asked if he would come back tomorrow.


Mine you
I fought back tears so hard when I spoke to him...
The whole time my son Jeremy was next to him.
I think of how many pants and clothes he has at home...
I think of what I would feel if he had asked me for a backpack for a new school year and I could not give him one.
This is just one story! Each of our team member has been blessed to learn others stories..
A mom who has 12 grandkids in the house because several of her kids' houses were damaged!
Another mom Theresa who despite of losing everything...
Came 2 days a week to the center to HELP!!!!
A kind hearted man who cooked us breakfast lunch and dinner has been here for 3 months!! He was from Oklahoma City!
We are bleesed!! I think the rest of the team can echo that!
I believe that GOD has uses this people to BLESSED us!
Thus said,
I RAN out of laundry detergents again as well as girls underwears and socks...
and many more items....
IF you feel that little voice speaking in your heart and would like to give
Please send money to florencehardjono@yahoo.com via paypal!
I will send the receipt to YOU!
You can tell me if there is anything specific that you would like to purchase...
Most of you know me for years... You know I am not the begging kind!

However, I would this time!

I am BEGGING you now for your help! If you can only see these people faces and hear their stories...
NO amount is too small... The shirt were $3.88 at walmart! A mere $10 can buy 3 shirts...
We found $2 detergent today at big lots! $1 dish soap, etc
We were not spending money like crazy! We know that we ought to be good steward!
As to accountability , I went shopping with my girlfriend Maya as well...
This way, we talked back to each other what is needed and not!

Ex: I want to buy little girl dresses, she reminded me that it may not be practical :-)

I so wish right now I know someone who is in extreme couponing! :-)

Please help... So MUCH are still needed!  EVERY donation counts!  no matter the amount!


thanks MUCH for all your prayers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Deluxe Designs © 2011 Flo… All rights reserved.