Monday, February 14, 2011

Sammy prayed when he was scared.


Sammy got in trouble last week… While he was playing in his friend’s house (mommy was recovering from the surgery).  The 2 boys decided to unroll a full roll of toilet paper, put them on the toilet, keep flushing and see the magical water fountain they made flooding the floor.

After the experiment ran for a while, my girlfriend heard drips down in the kitchen, came running and busted the two little boys.

Sammy and I had a long talk after he came home.  One of the questions was,” What did you do when tante (auntie) was angry at you?”

” I cry. I just sat like this…” (He folded his hands in praying position and put them between his thighs).
“Why?” I asked.
“Because I want to pray”
“Why do you want to pray?”
“Because I was scare. You told me to pray when I am scared.” “I want baby Jesus to save me!”

I tried to hold my laughter (as it still hurt when I laugh) and because I don't want him to think that it was not the right thing to do.  I told him that it was good that he prayed... But I also want to turn it into a teaching moment…. We went on to discuss how if you do naughty things you would have to face the consequences etc….. Even though Jesus loves you

Now, the fact that my super-duper-sweet-nice-super-patience girlfriend (who I think is one of the most patience mommy I know) was angry to the point that Sammy had to pray was an interesting fact in itself.   (You see the magnitude of what the sweet boy did!)

Oh how I love the faith of a little child!

I am also so proud of my little sweet Sammy's faith and so excited to see what God has in store for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Deluxe Designs © 2011 Flo… All rights reserved.