Friday, February 11, 2011

Bye bye gallbladder

The gallbladder removal surgery was a success on Wed.... I went in around 9:30 am.  The anesthesiologist was very nice and comforting.  So they gave me some stuff to calm my nerve, then I was in the operating room perhaps for 5 minutes.

I was agitated because it was so cold and I was kind out "floating" you know from all the drugs... So she put a mask over my nose and told me to breathe in ... I think I took a couple of breath then I was out....


I woke up about 2 hours later... hearing voices but not seeing faces... The nurse started talking to me, I answered but I was not sure.. I could hardly keep my eyes open because my eyes was spinning.

Anyway, they moved me into the recovery room, I was cared for by an older male nurse who was very nice.  I asked to stay over night as I can barely walk so I do not want to go home.
My abdomen was painful! So they made me sit in the recovery chair where I dozed off in and out for the next 2 - 3 hours before they moved me into the room...

Found out that I have to share a room... That story is coming...

So I no longer have a gallbladder?  Will I miss it? We'll see! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Deluxe Designs © 2011 Flo… All rights reserved.