Monday, January 24, 2011

Getting to know FLO

Welcome to my blog... I am Flo.  Let me tell 25 most interesting facts about me.

1. I almost died after a c-section because my colon was distended to 14 cm (Ogilvie Syndrome).
2. I am a linguist... So let's square it now that any typo or incorrect grammar in this blog, we will call it a "dialect variation."
3. I dance, sing and goof of with a bunch of kids from 6 months - 5 years old on a daily basis via my job with Kindermusik. It's the best paying job in the planet!
4. I have called 5 women "mom, mami, mama, momma"
5. My 8 years old son and American friends take joy in correcting my English and pronunciation.  They seem to forget that I am a grad student trying to be a speech language pathology professor :-)
6. I am a conservative Christian who dare to go to church with jeans, no make up and wet hair.
7.Mr. Tiger and I never dated... One fine day he emailed me "Hey, have you ever think about marrying me?"  My initial answer was "NO" (True story!)
8. I have lived in 3 different countries. Indonesia... Philippines.... America
9. I love going to school and have been going to school for more than 95 percent of my life.
10. I learn that the ability to burp and fart is a blessing. I went to ICU when I couldn't.  So I never judge those who does it in public.
11. My dentist told me that my tongue is too long for my mouth. So I have a medical excuse for talking too much!
12. I don't like to exercise and love good food.  I know... I know... I need to change....
13. I am a better teacher than I am a musician according to my super talented musician husband and I agree! Nevertheless, I teaches music :-)
14. I can not draw! I can NOT draw! I CAN NOT DRAW!
15. I do not like losing control but my plan seldom goes according to the plan.
16. I hate cleaning!
17. I procrastinate a lot!
18. I love research for the sole purpose of an "aha" moment.
19. I would love to take Samantha Brown's job and travel around the world highlighting "philanthrophic works."
20. I write like I talk and somehow that got me through college and grad school.
21. Somehow God uses Mr. Tiger and I to create a wonderfully talented, artistic smart horse, a silly, conscientious golden pig, and a gorgeous, strong-willed, intelligent, brave ox. 
22. I blog mostly when I sat in a boring lecture.
23. I will be the first Indonesian-born Speech language pathology professor... (IF I finish school).
24. My mind wanders every other minute thus forgive me if most of the time (esp when needed) my mind is not answering...
25. I added the last 5 after I decided it was 20... Added the 10 after I originally thought of only 10... Get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Deluxe Designs © 2011 Flo… All rights reserved.